Volunteer and make a difference!
Easterseals Southern California has been providing important, life-changing services for individuals with disabilities that promote independence, self-determination and inclusion in all aspects of community life. More than 14,000 individuals and families count on us each year for services that help them learn, live, work and play in a community that values their contributions. Together, we can change the way the world defines and views disabilities by making profound, positive differences in people’s lives every day!
• Work with staff on registering day-of participants/walkers.
• Checking in pre-registered participants.
• Work with staff on distributing Swag Bags to each registered participant.
• Assist staff in unloading and setting up all registration materials, signs, photo back-drops, first-aid supplies, banners, arranging Swag Bags for pick up.
• After the walk, assist staff in loading everything back into the truck and general tear-down and clean-up of the area.
Volunteer Check-in - Shift begins at 6:30am
• Work with staff and check-in all volunteers and provide them with their assignments and locations.
• Complete and distribute Community Service hour sheets to those that need them.
• Check-out volunteers and note on spreadsheet as needed.
Welcome / Greeter Teams
• Greet walkers near the parking lot and general area – guide them to the check-in and day of registration location.
• Direct guests to day of registration area and where to pick up Swag Bags. Shifts start at 6:30am.
• Need volunteers to assist staff in placing and removing walk route signs.
• Greeting walkers along the path and cheering walkers along the way and stay on approved path.
Please plan on wearing a white T-Shirt the day of the event. Check in at the Volunteer Booth receive a complimentary Easterseals hat, a special volunteer badge/lanyard and your assignment for the day. Snack and water will be provided.
For any questions, please contact Erin Peltier at Erin.Peltier@essc.org